- Score: No. 11 MIT 7, Gordon College 1
- Records: No. 11 MIT (3-0); Gordon (2-2)
- Location: Wenham, Mass. (Brigham Athletic Complex)
- The Lead: Four goals in the second half helped the nationally-ranked No. 11 MIT field hockey team secure a 7-1 victory over Gordon College in non-conference action on Wednesday night. Sophomore Amanda Garofalo (Fairfield, N.J.) powered the Engineers with two goals and one assist.
- 27th Minute (26:50) – MIT 2, Gordon 0: Freshman Mia Reilly (Los Angeles, Calif.) placed her unassisted shot from the right side of the goal.
- 32nd Minute (31:00) – MIT 3, Gordon 0: Freshman Laura Chen (Califon, N.J.) passed the ball from the right side to freshman Emily Genevriere (San Jose, Calif.) who redirected it to the left side of the cage.
- 53rd Minute (52:18) – MIT 4, Gordon 0: Sophomore Jennah Haque (Bethesda, Md.) connected on a feed from Goetz.
- 56th Minute (55:39) – MIT 5, Gordon 0: Garofalo passed the ball from the left side to Genevriere who redirected it past the right side of the goalie.
- 61st Minute (60:27) – MIT 5, Gordon 1: Cara Goudie passed the ball from the middle of the field where Caroline Conte sent a blast from eight yards out to the right side of the net.
- 63rd Minute (62:50) – MIT 6, Gordon 1: Garofalo converted a penalty stroke, the Engineers' first of the season.
- 65th Minute (64:13) – MIT 7, Gordon 1: Garofalo placed a solo effort from the left side of the net.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Genevriere finished with two goals while Goetz earned two assists.
- Junior goalie Grace Moore (Boston, Mass.) earned the win despite not making a save.
- MIT ended the night with advantages in shots (19-2), shots on goal (13-1), and penalty corners (9-2).
- MIT will host the University of New England on Saturday, Sept. 8 at 11:00 a.m.