- Score: Endicott College 6, No. 13 MIT 0
- Records: No. 13 MIT (4-1); Endicott (3-1)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Jack Barry Field)
- The Lead: Four goals in the first half propelled Endicott College to a 6-0 victory over nationally-ranked No. 13 MIT in a non-conference field hockey game on Tuesday night. Sydney Poulin powered the Gulls with two goals and two assists.
- 15th Minute (14:59) – Endicott 1, MIT 0: Addi Williams redirected a bouncing pass from Poulin for the first goal of her career.
- 20th Minute (19:17) – Endicott 2, MIT 0: Following a penalty corner, Samantha Brown sent the ball to Poulin on the near side of the arc. She then sent a blast to the middle of the cage.
- 27th Minute (26:11) – Endicott 3, MIT 0: Kristen McCarthy connected on a pass from Poulin on a penalty corner.
- 34th Minute (33:57) – Endicott 4, MIT 0: Jaylin Grabau stole the ball just inside the midfield line and then passed it to McCarthy along the near side, drawing sophomore goalie Grace Moore (Boston, Mass.) off her line. McCarthy quickly tapped it to Grabau who put her shot inside the far post.
- 36th Minute (35:51) – Endicott 5, MIT 0: Poulin unleashed a shot from the middle of the arc.
- 52nd Minute (51:58) – Endicott 6, MIT 0: Julia Champigny corralled a bouncing ball and quickly found the back of the net.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Endicott had the upper hand in shots (18-12) and shots on goal (14-8). MIT, meanwhile, had a 10-8 edge in penalty corners.
- Moore made four saves in 52 minutes of action while freshman Juliana Strother (Mequon, Wis.) turned away two shots down the stretch. Sophomore Megan Flynn (Branchburg, N.J.) and freshman Liv Parsons (Leesburg, Va.) both earned defense saves for the Engineers.
- Taylor Farrin collected eight saves, including a full-extension diving stick save off her line, in the shutout.
- Both teams are back in action on Thursday, Sept. 13. MIT will travel to Lasell College for a 5:00 p.m. game while Endicott will host Gordon College at 7:00 p.m.