- Score: No. 13 MIT 4, Lasell College 2
- Records: No. 13 MIT (5-1); Lasell (2-3)
- Location: Newton, Mass. (Grellier Field)
- The Lead: Senior Bailey Tregoning (Frederick, Md.) and sophomore Amanda Garofalo (Fairfield, N.J.) both posted one goal and one assist in helping the nationally-ranked No. 13 MIT field hockey team defeat Lasell College, 4-2, on Thursday night.
- 10th Minute (9:11) – MIT 1, Lasell 0: Freshman Laura Chen (Califon, N.J.) blasted the ball into the arc toward Tregoning who scored off the deflection.
- 24th Minute (23:10) – MIT 2, Lasell 0: Sophomore Delia Stephens (Austin, Texas) received a pass across the circle from Garofalo and knocked it into the goal.
- 33rd Minute (32:51) – MIT 2, Lasell 1: Nikki Pignone pushed the ball in off a rebound.
- 40th Minute (39:38) – MIT 3, Lasell 1: Freshman Mia Reilly (Los Angeles, Calif.) redirected a feed from Tregoning, scoring what proved to be the game-winning goal.
- 50th Minute (49:37) – MIT 4, Lasell 1: Sophomore Jennah Haque (Bethesda, Md.) found Garofalo on a penalty corner for an insurance goal.
- 62nd Minute (61:01) – MIT 4, Lasell 2: Cailin Flannery recorded an unassisted goal after Julia Franzik began a fast break from the midfield.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sophomore goalie Grace Moore (Boston, Mass.) made four saves in the complete-game effort.
- MIT finished the game with advantages in shots (22-9), shots on goal (16-6), and penalty corners (8-3).
- MIT opens up NEWMAC play on Saturday, Sept. 15 when it hosts No. 4 Babson College at 1:00 p.m.