- Score: No. 3 Tufts University 1, No. 17 MIT 0
- Records: No. 17 MIT (5-3); No. 3 Tufts (4-0)
- Location: Medford, Mass. (Ounjian Field)
- The Lead: Beth Krikorian netted the lone goal of the game in the 48th minute, helping nationally-ranked No. 3 Tufts University defeat No. 17 MIT, 1-0, in non-conference field hockey action on Wednesday night. Sophomore goalie Grace Moore (Boston, Mass.) amassed 21 saves for the Engineers, finishing just one shy of tying the Institute record that was set by Kathleen Rubritz '03 in 2002 against Mount Holyoke College.
- 48th Minute (47:14) – Tufts 1, MIT 0: Following a penalty corner, Krikorian redirected a pass from Sophie Schoeni.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Tufts ended the night with advantages in shots (48-2), shots on goal (22-1), and penalty corners (11-1).
- MIT's best chance to get on the scoreboard began late in the 44th minute when it received a penalty corner. After sophomore Amanda Garofalo (Fairfield, N.J.) injected the ball, junior Taylor Grey (Horsham, Pa.) sent a blast to the cage. Tufts goalie Emily Polinski came up with the save, however, the rebound bounced to freshman Mia Reilly (Los Angeles, Calif.). Unfortunately, Reilly's ensuing shot was wide.
- MIT resumes NEWMAC play on Saturday, Sept. 22 when it visits Mount Holyoke College for a 2:00 p.m. start.