- Score: No. 13 Montclair State University 4, MIT 0
- Records: MIT (0-1); No. 13 Montclair State (2-0)
- Location: Montclair, N.J. (Sprague Field)
- The Lead: Playing for the first time in program history, the MIT field hockey team fell to nationally-ranked No. 13 Montclair State University, 4-0, in its season opener on Sunday.
- 1st Minute (0:45) – Montclair State 1, MIT 0: Following a penalty corner, Linsey Champa redirected a pass from Kelly Watson in front of the left post.
- 10th Minute (9:13) – Montclair State 2, MIT 0: Elizabeth Cimilluca collected the rebound of her saved shot and found Kellie Vizzuso in a scramble in front of the net.
- 41st Minute (40:01) – Montclair State 3, MIT 0: Maddie Freeman flipped a pass from five yards away from the goal and then Vizzuso deflected the ball in.
- 55th Minute (54:34) – Montclair State 4, Simmons 0: Cimilluca recorded her second goal of the game on a blast from the wing that was setup by Vizzuso on a penalty corner.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Montclair State led the way in shots (15-7), shots on goal (13-5), and penalty corners (13-5).
- MIT hosts Gordon College on Wednesday, Sept. 6 at 6:00 p.m. for its home opener.