- Score: MIT 2, University of New England 1
- Records: MIT (2-1); UNE (1-2)
- Location: Biddeford, Maine (UNE Blue Bolt Field)
- The Lead: The MIT field hockey team fought off the University of New England for a 2-1 victory on Saturday afternoon. First-year Paige Forester (Glencoe, Ill.) scored both goals for the Engineers as head coach Cheryl Silva earned her 300th victory at the helm of the Cardinal and Gray.
- 6th Minute (5:41) – MIT 1, UNE 0: Forester scored on the rebound of her saved shot.
- 39th Minute (38:51) – MIT 2, UNE 0: Forester sent a reverse hit from the right edge of the circle and tucked it into the near post.
- 57th Minute (56:41) – MIT 2, UNE 1: Reanna Boulay connected on passes from Kendra MacDonald and Kate Lindmark on a penalty corner.
- 59th Minute (58:40) – A penalty stroke by Boulay went past junior goalie Grace Moore (Boston, Mass.), but it was disallowed due to a double-hit.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Moore posted eight saves for MIT.
- Silva currently ranks ninth all-time among active Division III coaches in career wins.
- The Engineers had a strong first quarter which resulted in advantages in shots (7-1), shots on goal (5-0), and penalty corners (2-1). The Nor'easters, however, went on to finish the game with the upper hand in shots (16-12), shots on goal (9-8), and penalty corners (19-4).
- MIT concludes its road trip on Tuesday, Sept. 10 when it visits Endicott College for a 7:00 p.m. game.