- Score: No. 19 Babson College 4, MIT 1
- Records: MIT (4-3, 0-1 NEWMAC); No. 19 Babson (5-2, 1-0 NEWMAC)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Jack Barry Field)
- The Lead: In the NEWMAC field hockey opener for both teams, nationally-ranked No. 19 Babson College defeated MIT, 4-1 on Saturday afternoon. First-year Paige Forester (Glencoe, Ill.) generated the Engineers' only goal.
- 11th Minute (10:41) – Babson 1, MIT 0: After carrying the ball into the midfield, Cassidy Riley broke into the circle and ripped a shot inside the left post.
- 15th Minute (14:58) – Babson 2, MIT 0: Kate Driscoll scored off the rebound of a saved shot.
- 19th Minute (18:31) – Babson 2, MIT 1: On a penalty corner, Forester redirected a feed from senior Taylor Grey (Horsham, Pa.).
- 56th Minute (55:48) – Babson 3, MIT 1: Tori Roche knocked in a loose ball in the crease to the inside of the left post.
- 60th Minute (59:12) – Babson 4, MIT 1: Roche redirected a blast by Millie Brady through traffic.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Junior Grace Moore (Boston, Mass.) made five saves for the Engineers.
- MIT finished with a 6-4 edge in penalty corners but Babson had the upper hand in shots (16-8) and shots on goal (9-6).
- MIT returns to non-conference action when it hosts Amherst College on Wednesday, Sept. 25 at 6:30 p.m.