Score: No. 13 MIT 1, Carleton College 1 (2OT)
Records: No. 13 MIT (0-0-1), Carleton College (0-0-1)
Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Steinbrenner Stadium)
Key Moment: A goal by MIT freshman Karenna Groff (Weston, Mass.) with 20-seconds remaining in regulation sent the game to overtime, however visiting Carleton and the Engineers fought to a 1-1 double-overtime draw on Friday afternoon in the season opener for both teams.
- 32nd minute (31:29) - Carleton 1, MIT 0 - Knight's senior Annika Martensson gave the visitors a 1-0 lead after she took a pass at the 20-yard line from junior Emma Wasend. Matensson gathered the ball in the middle of the field and shot the ball into the upper right corner of the net.
- 90th minute (89:40) - MIT 1, Carleton 1 - Groff launched the ball from 20 yards out and much like the first goal of the game, it was fired into the top right corner of the net. Not only was it Groff's first career goal, but it sent the game to overtime.
Inside the Numbers:
- MIT out shot Carleton, 32-2 in the 1-1 draw as junior Montana Reilly (Los Angeles, Calif.) accounted for six of those 32.
- Carleton goalkeeper Anna Roethler made 15 saves in the complete-game effort for the Knights. MIT keeper Lily Mueller (Lakeville, Minn.) stopped the ball once over 110 minutes.
- The Engineers head to No. 25 Brandeis University tomorrow for a non-conference match beginning at 1:00 p.m.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.