- Score: No. 13 MIT 2, Bridgewater State University 0
- Records: No. 13 MIT (3-1-1); Bridgewater State University (0-1-1)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Steinbrenner Stadium)
- The Lead: The MIT women's soccer team improved to 3-1-1 this season with a 2-0 non-conference victory over Bridgewater State University on Saturday afternoon in Cambridge.
- 10th minute (9:34) – Junior Sophia Struckman (Scottsdale, Ariz.) registered her fourth goal of the season early in the match after putting home a cross from classmate Montana Reilly (Los Angeles, Calif.).
- 85th minute (84:12) – Junior Emily Berzolla (Riverside, Conn.) tallied her first goal of the year after Reilly passed to the ball to Chessa Hoekstra (Portland, Maine) and then Hoekstra found Berzolla's feet for an insurance goal.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- MIT outshot Bridgewater State, 34-3, and held a 15-2 advantage in corner kicks.
- MIT keeper Lily Mueller (Lakeville, Minn.) grabbed a pair of saves to improve to 3-1-1 in net, while Bears keeper Kellie Souza (0-1-1) stopped the ball 15 times.
- Today's match marked the first meeting between the two clubs since 2010. In the all-time series, MIT picked up its eighth win, but Bridgewater State still holds an 8-9-2 lead.
- MIT hosts Roger Williams University on Tuesday, September 11 at 4:00 p.m. for another non-conference match.