- Score: Tufts University 1, No. 14 MIT 0 (OT)
- Records: No. 14 MIT (7-2-1); Tufts University (6-1-0)
- Location: Medford, Mass. (Kraft Field)
- The Lead: The No. 14 ranked MIT women's soccer team saw its seven-game winning streak come to a close this afternoon as the Engineers were edged by Tufts, 1-0, in overtime. The stats for both teams were nearly identical for both teams, but the hosts were the first ones to find the back of the net.
- 98th minute (97:07): Tufts 1, MIT 0 - After ringing the ball off the post 30-seconds earlier, Sophie Lloyd registered the game-winning goal for the host Jumbos off a feed by Liz Reed.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Tufts edged MIT is shots, 13-12, however, MIT held a dominate 7-1 margin in corner kicks.
- MIT keeper Lily Mueller (Lakeville, Minn.) stopped the ball four times for the Engineers, but her record fell to 7-2-1 this fall. Tufts keeper Emily Bowers improved to 6-1-0 for the Jumbos with three saves over 97:07 in between the pipes.
- MIT junior forward Montana Reilly (Los Angeles, Calif.) led the offense this afternoon with four shots total and two on goal.
- Today's game marked the first game all season in which MIT was held without a goal.
- MIT returns to New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) play on Friday when the Engineers host Clark University at 7:00 p.m.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.