- Score: MIT 4, Coast Guard 0
- Records: MIT (11-2-2, 6-0-0 NEWMAC); Coast Guard (7-5-1, 4-2-1 NEWMAC)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Roberts Field at Steinbrenner Stadium)
- The Lead: The MIT women's soccer team remained undefeated in New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) play as the Engineers shut out the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, 4-0, this afternoon in Cambridge.
- 38th minute (37:11): MIT 2, Coast Guard 0 - Junior Lily Bailey (Danvers, Mass.) found classmate Chessa Hoekstra (Portland, Maine), who was driving towards the net through the Coast Guard back line as she scored her third goal of the season.
- 40th minute (39:02): MIT 3, Coast Guard 0 - Freshman Jessica Sonner (Naperville, Ill.) registered her first collegiate goal after she finished a short pass via junior Claire O'Callahan (Sherborn, Mass.).
- 51st minute (50:02): MIT 4, Coast Guard 0 - Senior Amy Apostol (Los Gatos, Calif.) converted a penalty kick to extend the Engineers lead.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- MIT held a 14-10 advantage in shots, by Coast Guard to three corner kicks compared to the Engineers' two.
- MIT keeper Lily Mueller (Lakeville, Minn.) made six saves, which ties a season-high for the senior and improved to 11-2-2 with her fourth shutout of the year. Katharina Commins (7-5-1) made five saves for Coast Guard in the loss.
- The Engineers are now 11-0-0 this season when they score first.
- Sonner became the 18th different member of the MIT women's soccer team to score a goal this season.
- MIT welcomes Babson College for another NEWMAC match on Tuesday, October 16 at 4:00 pm.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.