- Event: 2018 NCAA Division III Championship
- Results: 6th (167 Points - After Day Three)
- Location: Indianapolis, Ind. (IU Natatorium)
- The Lead: MIT women's swimming and diving freshman Kailey Allen (Tacoma, Wash.) highlighted the Engineers' efforts on the third night of the 2018 NCAA Division III National Championship as she was the National Runner-Up in the 200-fly. After three full days of competition in Indianapolis, MIT is sixth in the team standings with 167 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the session's first event, the 200-fly, the women's swimming and diving team had three Engineers earn All-America honors and score points led by Allen in second place with a time of 2:00.81, which was 0.35-seconds faster than her time from this morning. Sophomore Kayla Holman (Menlo Park, Calif.) finished in fourth place with a collegiate-best time of 2:02.09, while freshman Hannah Mahaffey (Lawrenceville, Ga.) placed 13th overall for Honorable Mention All-America accolades in a time of 2:04.01.
- Senior Jessica Chen (Rockville, Md.) broke her own school and NEWMAC records in the 100-breast as she claimed fifth in a collegiate-best time of 1:02.49 topping her time from this morning by 0.11-seconds. In prelims of the event this morning, freshman Sara Nicholas (Wilmette, Ill.) registered a time of 1:04.68 for 22nd and sophomore Priscilla Wu (Cincinnati, Ohio) clocked a time of 1:04.74 for 25th place.
- The 800-free relay team of Holman, Mahaffey, freshman Ashley Pearson (Stafford, Va.) and senior Mary Thielking (Fishers, Ind.) finished tenth overall for Honorable Mention All-America honors with a time of 7:32.64.
- Tomorrow marks the final day of the 2018 NCAA Division III Swimming and Diving National Championship and the Engineers will compete in the 100-free, 200-back, 200-breast, 400-free relay, relay, 3-meter dive and the 1650-free. Prelims begin at 10:00 a.m. and finals start at 6:00 p.m. from inside the IU Natatorium.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.