- Location: Cambridge, Mass.
- The Lead: Powered by a strong 3-0 start in doubles action on Saturday, the No. 21 ranked MIT women's tennis team defeated No. 19 Brandeis University by a convincing 7-2 margin in a meeting of nationally-ranked squads in Cambridge.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In doubles play, the most convincing win came by an 8-1 final by freshman Libby Rickeman (Wayzata, Minn.) and senior Elysa Kohrs (Half Moon Bay, Calif.) at the No. 1 spot over the team of Haley Cohen and Olivia Leavitt.
- Kohrs and Rickeman also took their singles matches by straight set finals, along with three-set victories from the Judges by Leavitt and Lauren Bertsch at No. 3 and No. 4 singles.
- MIT is back in action on Friday, March 16th as the Engineers travel to a 3 p.m. matchup with No. 16 University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, Va. The match is the first on a three-match Spring Break trip for the Engineers.