- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (DuPont Tennis Courts)
- Score: No. 13 MIT 9, Smith College 0
- Records: No. 13 MIT (10-1, 4-0 NEWMAC); Smith College (1-10, 0-4 NEWMAC)
- The Lead: On Saturday afternoon, the No. 13 MIT women's tennis team improved to 10-1 on the season with a 9-0 home shutout of Smith College in NEWMAC conference play.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Engineers took all three doubles matches in efficient fashion for the early 3-0 lead, including an 8-0 shutout win at No. 2 by seniors Sonya Das (Arden Hills, Minn.) and Dora Tzeng (Fremont, Calif.).
- In singles play, MIT swept the Pioneers as the hosts earned five straight-set wins and three matches finished at 6-0, 6-0. At the No. 1 spot, sophomore Lara Rakocevic (Portland, Ore.) defeated Samantha Peikes by a 6-3, 6-7, 10-3 margin.
- MIT continues NEWMAC play on Sunday, April 15th when the Engineers travel to Mt. Holyoke for a Noon start.