- Location: South Hadley, Mass. (Mount Holyoke Tennis Courts)
- Score: No. 13 MIT 9, Mount Holyoke 0
- Records: No. 13 MIT (11-1, 5-0 NEWMAC); Mount Holyoke (6-9, 3-2 NEWMAC)
- The Lead: In a dominant performance on Sunday afternoon, the No. 13 MIT women's tennis team improved to 11-1 overall and remained unbeaten in the NEWMAC with a 9-0 road win over Mount Holyoke College. This is the second straight season that the Engineers have begun the year with an 11-1 overall record.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In doubles, the Engineers took the No. 1 and No. 3 spots by 8-1 finals, along with an 8-4 victory at No. 2. For singles, MIT captured all six matches in straight sets, including a 6-0, 6-0 shutout of Ishita Tibrewal by senior Dora Tzeng (Fremont, Calif.).
- The closest match came at No. 4 singles as freshman Megan Guenther (Willowbrook, Ill.) improved to 4-0 on the season with a 6-4, 7-5 win over Anya Gerasimova as MIT has now won 46 straight NEWMAC matches.
- MIT continues NEWMAC play on Tuesday, April 17th when the Engineers host No. 33 ranked Wellesley College for a 4 p.m. start.