- Location: Nashville, Tenn. (The Ensworth School)
- Score: No. 10 Univ. of Chicago 8, No. 9 MIT 1
- Records: No. 9 MIT (1-1); No. 10 Univ. of Chicago (6-0)
- The Lead: On the opening day of the ITA Division III National Women's Team Indoor Championship, No. 9 MIT dropped an 8-1 final to No. 10 University of Chicago in a match played at The Ensworth School in Nashville.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Maroons held a 2-1 advantage after doubles play as UChicago took wins at the No. 1 and 2 spots by scores of 8-3 and 8-5. MIT claimed the point at No. 3 doubles as first-years Amber Shen (Broomfield, Colo.) and Ashley Teng (Tustin, Calif.) defeated Nicole Semenov and Annika Pandey by an 8-6 final.
- UChicago picked up straight-set wins in singles at the No. 2, No. 3, No. 5 and No. 6 positions, while the matches at No. 1 and No. 4 went to a third-set pro set. At No. 1, sophomore Libby Rickeman (Wayzata, Minn.) forced a third set with a 7-6 victory in the third before falling to Marjorie Antohi. At No. 4, junior captain Lara Rakocevic (Portland, Ore.) won the second set 6-4 before dropping the final to Eugenia Lee.
- MIT is back in action on Saturday, March 2nd for day two of the ITA Division III National Women's Team Indoor Championship as the Engineers take on Washington U. (Mo.)