- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (DuPont Tennis Courts)
- Score: No. 17 MIT 9, Emerson College 0
- Records: No. 17 MIT (7-2, 2-0 NEWMAC); Emerson College (7-6, 0-3 NEWMAC)
- The Lead: No. 17 ranked MIT ran its winning streak to six straight with a 9-0 shutout win over Emerson College on Tuesday afternoon in NEWMAC women's tennis action.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- MIT took a quick 3-0 lead in doubles play, including an 8-0 shutout at No. 3 by junior Lara Rakocevic (Portland, Ore.) and first-year Ashley Teng (Tustin, Calif.). Rakocevic and Teng are the reigning NEWMAC Doubles Team of the Week.
- The Engineers picked up six straight-set victories in singles play, including a 6-0, 6-0 shutout of Emerson's Eliana Flores-Barber by Teng at No. 4 that clinched the overall match for MIT.
- In singles play, sophomore Vanessa Kitova (Beverly, Mass.) defeated Sarah Skeeles in a 6-1, 6-0 final at No. 6 to improve to 4-0 on the season.
- MIT is back in action on Saturday, April 6th at Clark University as that match will start at 2:30 p.m.