- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Corash Tennis Courts)
- Score: No. 17 MIT 9, Clark University 0
- Records: No. 17 MIT (8-2, 3-0 NEWMAC); Clark University (2-9, 0-3 NEWMAC)
- The Lead: No. 17 ranked MIT has now won seven straight matches and is 3-0 in NEWMAC play following a 9-0 shutout of Clark University on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- MIT dominated the Cougars in doubles play, led by an 8-0 shutout of Clark's Chloe Dunnell and Elizabeth Tchantouridze by first-year Ashley Teng (Tustin, Calif.) and junior captain Lara Rakocevic (Portland, Ore.). Overall, MIT dropped just three games in doubles to the Cougars.
- In six singles matches, MIT earned three 6-0, 6-0 wins and dropped just four total games to complete the sweep. The other three wins all came in straight sets, with all six MIT singles players winning at least one set by a 6-0 margin.
- MIT now leads the all-time series by a 32-2 tally dating back to the 1974-75 season.
- MIT returns to action at home on Tuesday, April 9th as the Engineers host Wheaton College for a 3:30 p.m. start.