- Location: Northampton, Mass.
- Score: No. 16 MIT 9, Smith College 0
- Records: No. 16 MIT (10-2, 5-0 NEWMAC); Smith College (1-10, 1-5 NEWMAC)
- The Lead: Led by a dominant performance in doubles action, the No. 16 ranked MIT women's tennis team defeated Smith College in a 9-0 shutout on Saturday afternoon. The win is the ninth straight for the Engineers as they remain atop the NEWMAC standings.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- MIT picked up 8-0 shutout wins at the No. 1 and No. 3 doubles positions to take control of the match. At No. 1, sophomore Libby Rickeman (Wayzata, Minn.) and freshman Viktoriya Tabunshchyk (Ancaster, Canada) defeated Allison Ahern and Joanna Kim, while junior captain Lara Rakocevic (Portland, Ore.) and first-year Ashley Teng (Tustin, Calif.) defeated Yena Li and Betsy Hillier.
- MIT closes out the weekend on Sunday morning as the Engineers travel to Wellesley College for an 11 a.m. start.