- Location: Brunswick, Maine
- Score: No. 6 Bowdoin College 8, No. 16 MIT 1
- Records: No. 16 MIT (11-3, 6-0 NEWMAC); No. 6 Bowdoin College (11-3, 5-1 NESCAC)
- The Lead: In a matchup of nationally-ranked programs on Friday afternoon, the No. 16 MIT women's tennis team dropped an 8-1 final at No. 6 Bowdoin College.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Polar Bears took a 3-0 lead after doubles action, including an 8-7 victory at No. 1 as MIT's Libby Rickeman (Wayzata, Minn.) and first-year Viktoriya Tabunshchyk (Ancaster, Canada) fell to Julia Marks and Devon Wolfe.
- In singles, the Polar Bears took five of the matches in straight sets, while MIT first-year Ashley Teng (Tustin, Calif.) earned a 6-2, 7-5 win over Izzy Essi in her fourth match of the season at No. 4 singles.
- MIT returns home on Saturday, April 20th as the Engineers host Springfield College for a 2 p.m. start in the J.B. Carr Tennis Bubble.