- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (J.B. Carr Tennis Bubble)
- Score: No. 16 MIT 9, Springfield College 0
- Records: No. 16 MIT (12-3, 7-0 NEWMAC); Springfield College (10-5, 3-4 NEWMAC)
- The Lead: Led by doubles play where the Engineers lost just one game, the No. 16 ranked MIT women's tennis team earned a 9-0 home shutout of Springfield College on Saturday afternoon in the team's final regular-season home match of the year.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- MIT took 8-0 victories at both No. 2 and No. 3 doubles, along with an 8-1 win at No. 1 as sophomore Libby Rickeman (Wayzata, Minn.) and first-year Viktoriya Tabunshchyk (Ancaster, Canada) defeated Melissa Parrish and Juliette Piazza of Springfield.
- In singles play, the Engineers captured all six matches in straight sets, including a 6-0, 6-0 shutout at No. 3 by junior captain Lara Rakocevic (Portland, Ore.) to improve to a team-best 7-0 in singles play in the NEWMAC.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The top singles winning streak on the team belongs to first-year Ashley Teng (Tustin, Calif.), who has won 10 straight matches to move to 13-5 overall on the season and 6-0 in NEWMAC action.
- MIT has now won 55 straight NEWMAC regular-season matches dating back to the 2011-12 season.
- MIT is back in action on Tuesday, April 23rd as the Engineers travel to Babson College for a 3:30 p.m. match. That match, which wraps up the NEWMAC schedule, will determine the regular-season champion and the top seed in the upcoming NEWMAC Tournament.