- Location: Reggie Lewis Athletic Center (Roxbury, Mass.)
- The Lead: With eight All-American performances, the No. 10 ranked MIT women's track and field team finished 11th with a total of 15 points at the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championship. The Engineers had five All-Americans on day one, followed by all three competitors on day two to close the meet.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the mile, junior Marissa McPhillips (Narragansett, R.I.) was the No. 5 seed heading into the finals and came away with an eighth-place finish in 4:55.52 and narrowly missed seventh. Senior Bailey Tregoning (Frederick, Md.) also claimed All-American honors as she closed with a lap of 32.807 seconds to finish fifth overall in 2:12.73 and earn four points.
- Junior Jenna Melanson (Woodland, Wash.) came into the 3,000m final as the No. 12 seed, but closed the indoor season with an eighth-place finish and All-American accolades. The two-time All-American steeplechaser crossed in 9:54.83 to cap off the championship weekend for the Engineers.
COMPLETE ALL-AMERICAN LIST: Below are the MIT women's track and field student-athletes who earned All-American honors over the weekend.
- The Engineers open up the outdoor track and field season on Saturday, March 30th as the team competes at the California Collegiate Opener at UC-San Diego.