- Location: Sherie and Don (1961) Morrison Track (Cambridge, Mass.)
- The Lead: On Saturday in a dual meet at the Morrison Track, the No. 12 MIT women's track and field team dropped a 108-76 final to No. 2 Williams College.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Senior Bailey Tregoning (Frederick, Md.) posted the No. 5 time in the nation in the 800 as she won the event in 2:12.65. Junior Margaret Trautner (Houston, Texas) crossed in second in 2:16.15 and junior Marissa McPhillips (Narragansett, R.I.) was fourth in 2:16.69. Trautner was also second in the 1,500 meters as she finished in 4:39.67.
- In the hammer throw, junior Elise McCormack (Wells, Maine) led four Engineers as MIT swept the top four spots. McCormack was first at 155 feet, followed by junior Folusho Jebutu (Richmond, Texas) in second at 139 feet, 11 inches. Junior Savannah Inglin (Olympia, Wash.) was third at 122 feet and sophomore Tema Nwana (Fairfax, Va.) placed fourth at 114 feet, seven inches.
- Jebutu won the discus with a throw of 120 feet, 10 inches and was followe by Lillian Papalia (Louisville, Ky.) in third at 94 feet, seven inches and Inglin in fourth at 75 feet, three inches. Papilia won the shot put at 35 feet, 0.5 inches and Jebutu was second in 34 feet, 1.25 inches while sophomore Liana Reilly (Newton, Mass.) placed third in the high jump at five feet, 1.25 inches.
- First-year Claire Melvin (Ithaca, N.Y.) took the 400-meter hurdles in 1:06.25, along with a first-place finish in the 5,000 meters by sophomore Katie Collins (Newton, Mass.) at 17:45.41. The Engineers had three score in the triple jump, paced by a second-place jump of 37 feet, 4.5 inches from sophomore Lucy Lee (Potomac, Md.). Sophomore Elizabeth Weeks (Ladera Ranch, Calif.) followed in third at 36 feet, 9.75 inches and first-year Elena Andree (San Diego, Calif.) was third at 36 feet, 6.75 inches. Lee was also third in the 100-meter hurdles in 16.10 seconds, while Weeks crossed fourth at 17.43.
- In the pole vault, senior Kari Stromhaug (Oslo, Norway) was second at 11 feet, 11.75 inches and she was followed by first-year Anais Marenco (Roswell, Ga.) in third at 11 feet, 1.75 inches. First-year Yilinn Yang (Ardsley, N.Y.) was fourth in the long jump with a leap of 17 feet, 4.75 inches, sophomore Gabrielle Enns (Chandler, Ariz.) placed third in the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 12:24.92 and the 4x400 relay team was second in 3:58.43 to finish just .58 seconds back.
TOP-20 NCAA RANKINGS:
- Below are the current top-20 rankings for the Engineers, from meets up to this point in the season as listed at www.tfrrs.org.
5. Bailey Tregoning - 2:12.65
3. Jenna Melanson - 10:52.22
16. Kari Stromhaug - 12' 1.5"
- MIT continues its home schedule on Saturday, April 20th as the Engineers host the Sean Collier Invitational.