- Location: Sherie and Don (1961) Morrison Track (Cambridge, Mass.)
- The Lead: At the Final Qualifying Meet on Thursday night at home, the MIT women's track and field team posted eight top-five finishes as this marked the final meet before the NCAA Division III National Championship.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- First-year Anais Marenco (Roswell, Ga.) led three Engineers in the pole vault as she was second at 11 feet, 4.5 inches. Sophomore Lila Wine (Oak Park, Ill.) finished third at the same height, with first-year Emily Caragay (Plymouth, Mich.) placing fourth with a height of 10 feet, 4.75 inches.
- Senior Bailey Tregoning (Frederick, Md.) finished second in the 800 with a time of 2:11.57, followed by junior Margaret Trautner (Houston, Texas) in third at a season-best mark of 2:12.03 to lock down her spot at nationals.
- Sophomore Liana Reilly (Newton, Mass.) finished second in the high jump with a season-best clearance of five feet, 4.25 inches. In the triple jump, sophomore Lucy Lee (Potomac, Md.) placed third with a leap of 36 feet, 10.25 inches and sophomore Elizabeth Weeks (Ladera Ranch, Calif.) was fourth at 36 feet, 2.75 inches.
TOP-22 NCAA RANKINGS:
- Below are the current top-22 rankings for the Engineers, from meets up to this point in the season as listed at www.tfrrs.org.
11. Katie Collins - 17:01.24
6. Jenna Melanson - 10:47.87
13. Kari Stromhaug - 12' 4.75"
- The Engineers return to action on May 23-25 at the NCAA Division III National Championship. The meet will be hosted at the SPIRE Institute in Geneva, Ohio and the final qualifiers will be announced on Saturday morning at 9 a.m. via press release on www.ncaa.com.