- Location: Lake Breeze Golf Course (Winneconne, Wis.)
- The Lead: At the UW-Oshkosh Kollege Town Sports Invitational Pre-National Meet on Saturday, the No. 4 MIT women's cross country team finished second out of 52 teams with a total of 108 points.
A LOOK INSIDE THE RESULTS:
- Freshman Izzi Gengaro (Boonton Township, N.J.) was the top rookie and 10th overall as she covered the 6K course in a time of 22:09.4 that averaged 5:56.5 per mile. Senior Leandra Zimmermann (Augsburg, Germany) was 14th in a time of 22:22.1, followed immediately by junior Jenna Melanson (La Center, Wash.) in 15th at 22:26.9.
- Sophomore Emily Niu (Painted Post, N.Y.) was the sixth MIT runner in 80th place overall in 23:35, followed by junior Marissa McPhillips (Narragansett, R.I.) in 116th at 23:57. Overall, MIT's top five were separated by a 49-second margin.
- The Engineers also had three runners compete in the Women's Open 6K race, led by junior Katie Bacher (Macungie, Pa.). Out of 328 runners, Bacher was second overall as she crossed in 23:35.8 to go along with top-25 finishes from sophomore Lindsey McAllister (Los Angeles, Calif.) and freshman Abby Mauermann (Brookfield, Wis.). McAllister was 18th overall in 24:07.4, while Mauermann finished 21st in a time of 24:12.9.
- MIT is back in action on Saturday, October 27th as the Engineers travel to Smith College for the NEWMAC Championship. MIT enters the event as the 11-time defending champions and have captured 12 league titles overall.