- Location: Smith College (Northampton, Mass.)
- The Lead: On Saturday, the No. 4 ranked MIT women's cross country team won its 12th straight NEWMAC Championship as the Engineers overcame the rainy conditions at the meet hosted by Smith College.
A LOOK INSIDE THE RESULTS:
- MIT finished with 20 points and nine All-Conference performers.
- Junior Jenna Melanson (La Center, Wash.) led the way for the Engineers with a runner-up finishing in a time of 19:00. Senior Leandra Zimmermann (Augsburg, Germany) crossed in third at 19:04, followed by junior Katie Bacher (Macungie, Pa.) in fourth in a time of 19:18. Junior Marissa McPhillips (Narragansett, R.I.) rounded out the top five with a time of 19:28, while freshman Einat Gavish (Newton, Mass.) was sixth in 19:32 to earn Rookie of the Year honors.
- Sophomore Katie Collins (Newton, Mass.) finished in 19:45 to place eighth as she was the final MIT runner in the top 10.
- In addition to the top six MIT runners earning All-Conference honors, three more Engineers were All-Conference honorees. Sophomore Emily Niu (Painted Post, N.Y.) was 12th in 19:57, followed by Lindsey McAllister (Los Angeles, Calif.) in 15th at 20:00 and junior Tessa Weiss (Scottsdale, Ariz.) in 16th in a time of 20:02.
- MIT returns to action on Saturday, November 10th at the NCAA Division III New England Regional Championship. That meet is being hosted by Bowdoin College and is taking place at Pickard Fields.