- Location: Pickard Fields (Brunswick, Maine)
- The Lead: Led by five All-Region performers, the No. 4 ranked MIT women's cross country captured its third straight and seventh overall NCAA New England Regional Championship with a total of 87 points on Saturday morning. The victory gives the Engineers an automatic berth in next week's NCAA National Championship.
A LOOK INSIDE THE RESULTS:
- Senior Leandra Zimmermann (Augsburg, Germany) was the top performer for MIT as she finished sixth in a time of 21:42.65 over the 6K course. Junior Jenna Melanson (La Center, Wash.) crossed in 10th at 22:17.96, followed by sophomore Katie Collins (Newton, Mass.) with a great race to finish in 12th with a time of 22:19.41. Junior Katie Bacher (Macungie, Pa.) finished 27th as the fourth Engineer finisher in a time of 22:39.86, while freshman Einat Gavish (Newton, Mass.) was 32nd at 22:46.19.
- Earning USTFCCCA All-Region honors for their top-35 finishes were Zimmermann, Melanson, Collins, Bacher and Gavish.
- Overall, the Engineers defeated six nationally-ranked teams with No. 5 Middlebury, No. 7 Williams, No. 10 Wesleyan, No. 12 Brandeis, No. 17 Tufts and No. 24 Bates.
- The Engineers return to action on Saturday, November 17th for the NCAA Division III National Championship, which will be run at Lake Breeze Golf Course in Winneconne, Wis.