- Location: Lake Breeze Golf Course (Winneconne, Wis. - Hosted by UW-Oshkosh)
- The Lead: Led by an All-American performance from senior Leandra Zimmermann (Augsburg, Germany), the No. 4 ranked MIT women's cross country team finished third at the 2018 NCAA Division III National Championship. The Engineers finished with 247 points as the third-place showing is MIT's highest since a third-place performance in 2015.
A LOOK INSIDE THE RESULTS:
- This marks the second straight All-American season for Zimmermann, who crossed in 17th place in a time of 21:34.2. Freshman Izzi Gengaro (Boonton Township, N.J.) was the second Engineer finisher as she finished 54th with a time of 22:12.8.
- Sophomore Katie Collins (Newton, Mass.) was next for MIT in 72nd place, running a time of 22:22.2. Junior Jenna Melanson (La Center, Wash.) crossed in 89th at 22:28.4, while junior Katie Bacher (Macungie, Pa.) was the final scoring runner for MIT in 103rd place in a time of 22:34.3.
- This marks the 11th straight top-10 finish at Nationals for the Engineers and their sixth straight top-five performance.